I don’t know about you, but I hate the feeling of being sold.
When I feel like I’ve just been sold, I immediately start second guessing my need for the product. I am not sure if the product really meets my needs because, I am keenly aware that the salesperson considered me a financial one-night stand and that all they cared about was the sale. When I feel like I’ve been sold, I feel that there was no concern or true partnership effort on the part of the selling party.
I do, however enjoy the concept of being serviced. When I feel that there is a true relationship between the selling party and myself, and that the product is secondary to my needs as a business owner; I am more likely to continue on in a customer relationship.
As a business owner or decision maker would not you rather be serviced then sold?
This is even more important in the financial services business where, our product really is secondary. We must always remember that the equipment the customers purchasing, in their mind, is the primary need. We are just a mechanism to meet their equipment needs.
No comments:
Post a Comment