Friday, March 16, 2012

Excuses

I have not had the chance to blog in a while because I have been working on three separate business ventures. A small leasing company, an insurance agency, and a Doc Popcorn franchise.
I also have not had the opportunity to keep up with my calorie count or diet.
I hope I have not gained any weight

All of these reasons seem valid for not writing a blog, but are they really?

We all face challenges in our daily businesses, it is possible that I have taken on too much responsibility and I may need to focus on one or two of these projects. It is also possible that I may have gotten slightly lazy.

How often do we see challenges that lay before us, and try to rationalize a different plan of action in order to avoid this challenge?

I see it happening in business every day and I see it happening in my own businesses as well.
I need to decide which business is a better fit for me and my family.

This is my ultimate challenge

I love transportation leasing, it is served me well in the past and I am extremely good at it.
I like the insurance industry, or at least the functional part of it. I still suck at sales.
I really enjoy the atmosphere of DocPopcorn. An opportunity to open a retail business that is enjoyable and spreads that joy to others, is a very fulfilling prospect. ( even though it is very expensive)

Ultimately I need to choose which path that I want to run on and rid myself of any excuses.

How often do we all need to make these choices?

No comments:

Post a Comment