The official roll-out and advertising push for my leasing company will begin on Monday.
I have placed ads in most of the industry magazines and on Monday will personally visit many of the vendors that I worked with over the past 15 years. This is a very exciting time for me. I am looking forward to working with many of these vendors again.
One of the hardest things that I have experienced since my departure from Crossroads was the inability to continue my proactive business relationship with this great group of people. This is what I miss most.
Monday I will get back into the swing of things.
My only regret is that I will not be able to hold many of them in my own portfolio and that this will leave a large gap in my product offering. In the past I have been successfully able to finance and service. What many in the industry would call sub-prime truck paper, but through careful analysis I have been able to look past the credit score and in to the owner operators total economic picture. By doing this, I have been able to accumulate piles of data that have yielded some interesting default trends and more importantly some successful traits.
I will miss the ability to decision and service the end-user. I know that most companies view this as an evil necessity but for me, it is what made my career enjoyable.
I have also started investigating a possible franchise. It has nothing to do with transportation equipment, but has everything to do with popcorn.
Maybe I can combine the two.
I can see it now: “a free bag of gourmet popcorn with every asset financed!”
That is super cheesy.
But, so is the popcorn.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank one of my long-term associates, Ruben Lopez.
Ruben has taken the opportunity to review my business plan and point out exactly where it's lacking. It turns out that my business summary is excellent but that I need assistance in presenting my financial modeling in a way that will be understandable to the general populace.
My main concern is that I do not wish to give away “my secret sauce” while searching for funding.
How do you balance this information when you are seeking debt funding?
No comments:
Post a Comment