I now have several opportunities that lie before me. I can choose to purchase a franchise, I can choose to continue to support my own company, or I can choose amongst several of the job offers that I received.
As I'm weighing each of these decisions I can think of many positives and negatives to each of them. Some of these are tangible and others are not.
By choose to purchase a franchise, it will mean that I will be governed by the rules of others while using my own limited capital. It also will certainly ensure that I am at some level of poverty for the next two years.
By choosing to place all of my efforts in my own company, I will make all the decisions and I will be responsible for its success or failure. This also means that I will be in poverty until I can find a decent capital line of credit.
By choosing to work for somebody else, I would be more financially secure and in a far more comfortable position. But, I will almost certainly need to relocate (which is actually more of a positive than negative) and I will need to abandon my company (which is something I really do not want to do).
When I was young and didn't have a family, this decision would be easy but when you're responsible for supporting three other people in addition to yourself. The choices tend to become complicated.
For me I think a good plan of action would be to spend the next two months, pushing my own company and if I do decide to take a job with another lending company. I will simply hibernate the finance portion of it and focus on the service segment.
Only time will tell.
No comments:
Post a Comment