Wednesday, August 24, 2011

What is your sales cycle?


Let me first start off by saying that I AM NOT a sales person. I suck at sales. For me, SALE is a four letter word.
So, having said that, how is it that I have founded and grown multiple leasing and finance companies?
 At first, I really couldn’t tell you. I am not that special. I don’t really have any earth shattering ideas. I am overly anal about organization. I do have a unique personality and outlook, but that other than a “Warm UP” isn’t a sales factor. I don’t really like math… and then it hit me.
People. 
I care about people.
I care about our customers.
I have killed a deal and referred the customer to a competitor. (He later called me and doubled his truck order)
I have mentored employees, as I have been mentored in the past.
This part of my personality comes out in the growth process.
The customers usually realize that I am not there for just the sale and that I am there to help them find a real solution.
So, back to the question, what is YOUR sales cycle?
I would really like some feedback on this because of my lack of sales and sales management experience.
Where should a company start? How do we use our uniqueness do drive in GOOD business?
How do we become a “PURPLE COW”?  (http://www.sethgodin.com/purple/)
Enjoy your MIO and leave a comment!
John

No comments:

Post a Comment