Friday, October 28, 2011

Getting Out Of The Way.


How many times have you been driving in traffic, only to have somebody went to their way in in front of you? Here in Los Angeles, it happens all the time.

Why do we let ourselves be bullied by others because they wish to get ahead of us?

Why it is those with an aggressive personality find it needful to take advantage of those who don't?

As I communicated in yesterday's blog, I am a very cautious person. I would not say overly so as I do believe in healthy company growth, but not at the cost of undermining the infrastructure and foundation of your company. Your company can only go as fast as your infrastructure allows and when you encourage growth beyond your company's capabilities, the fault lies at the highest level.

Today, I faced something I've never had to face before.

Never before, have I thought that ensuring you are doing the correct things would be considered getting in the way.
Is it getting in the way new trying to ensure that there are proper credit policies and documented infrastructure created in order to maintain a consistent fast-paced increase in volume?
I have been in this industry for over 15 years and I've consulted for multiple companies that have had the same attitude. They seem to be the driver trying to needle their way into traffic irregardless of the cars around them. When this is the normal course of behavior, sooner or later, there will be a car wreck and people will be injured.
Has anybody here faced this kind of challenge? What did you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment