Over the past few years, both in my personal life and my work life; I have allowed the negativity of others begin to affect who I am and my usual method of operation.
Up until now, I realized just how much the people I surround myself affect my personality and the decisions that I make. For the past several years I have been influenced by several types of negative personalities and on Friday afternoon my wife pointed out to me that I was becoming negative myself.
For me, it is time to return to basics and realize that each one of us is beat up on a daily basis, maybe not physically, but definitely emotionally. It is this repetitive pattern that drags us down as we become acclimated to the way we feel, after each and every negative situation. Each time that this is happened over the past few years I have chosen, and I use that word specifically to carry a piece of that negativity with me. And after each negative experience; I carried more and more pieces of that negativity with me.
At my wife's encouragement, I removed myself from all of the negative influences in my life for the entire weekend and surrounded myself with the positive influences on my life; my family, friends, and religion.
This was an amazing experience.
In only a matter of a few hours, I felt my internal burdens seem lighter and I began to stand a lot taller. I realized that I had been choosing the wrong attitude. I may not be able to stop the attacks, but I sure as hell can choose not to carry pieces of the negativity with me.
I realized that each one of us is special.
We may have different jobs, different responsibilities and different skill sets, but that does not mean that you deserve to be attacked for not having the same abilities as others or for having a different point of view.
It is these different points of view that form our society, and it is these different points of view that create a valuable check and balance in business.
Wherever there is a failure and a check and balance, there is a failure in that company. This also applies in your personal life as well. If you do not have a check and balance, or if your life is that of balance, you will not find it possible to be truly happy with who you are and what you do.
What does this have to do with truck finance?
Simple.
It's all about balance and understanding the abilities and the aptitudes of those in your team. Remember, YOU control the attitudes of those around you
No comments:
Post a Comment