Why is it that most of us work so hard to earn money to buy things that we really don't need?
Due to my current financial circumstances, I have had to cut back on my expenses, which at first is not a pleasant thought. However, this has probably been the best thing that has ever happened to me (other than marrying my wife). This is given me the opportunity to determine what is really important to me and what is extraneous stuff that I do not need. I realized that I had far too much fluff in my life. I am realizing not only have I done a disservice to myself but I've also done a disservice to my children. My children have started placing far too much weight on material things. Instead of learning the true value of hard work and the rewarding feeling that a sense of accomplishment can bring, my children have become used to instant gratification.
Not only is my current employment situation improved my family, but it is also given me the opportunity to learn many new skills.
I have now learned how to design and publish a website.
I have become very familiar in configuring software and rebuilding computers.
I have become darn near an expert at Microsoft Access.
And.
I now understand, and a far greater depth, the accounting and accounting needs of a small business.
I now have a far clearer view of my own abilities.
I know that I am very good at credit analysis, process analysis and development, collections, skip tracing, asset management and everything else that must be done to run a leasing company except for (and it's a big exception) treasury management.
I have even found myself comfortable in selling my services. And I've never really considered myself a sales rep but, in order to succeed one must be adaptable.
All in all, I am very thankful. I'm thankful for this opportunity to be removed from my daily routine and I'm very thankful for the opportunity to reinvent myself and the way I see business.
For anybody interested, I will be rolling out my website tomorrow morning (as soon as my wife reviews my spelling and grammar). The website address will be: www.spotlightfinancial.net
I wish to send out a big thank you to everybody who is contacted me and supported me through this life-changing experience.
Whenever a door is closed, a new opportunity is discovered, if we have the patience to look for it.
No comments:
Post a Comment