I'm going to admit something here that may get me in trouble. But, it is a very common thought in the finance world.
As a lender, I had a rather low opinion of finance brokers.
I always thought that they had an easy job that they simply just forwarded paper between a vendor and a lender.
Boy, was I wrong.
At my current start-up, I am now put in the position of being one of those finance brokers, and I will tell you that every deal is an adventure. It sometimes feels like I am trying to herd cats in order to get a deal done. Trying to get lenders to communicate with end-users or vendors is an art form and I have developed a new respect for those out there making a living brokering finance transactions.
These past few weeks have been a real eye-opening experience, and I appreciate. I am very thankful for the opportunity to see things through a new point of view.
I now have a much higher level of respect for those in the service industries. Nobody stops to think about the valuable assistance you are providing.
On a different note, my new website is now up and ready to go.
I have hired several field agents to knock on doors and provide the collateral inspections and I have hired a top-notch collector that will assist me in skip tracing. I now have all the tools in place.
Now comes the hard part.
I need to find customers to use the services. It is not my nature to be a salesperson. So, I am sure that this will be an enlightening experience as well. I am sure that I will stumble, but I am also sure that I will succeed.
A person only fails when they refuse to get back up.
Anyway, that's enough of my ranting. My website address is:
Drop on by and let me know what you think.
Thanks,
John
No comments:
Post a Comment