So, I have begun the process of starting my own company.
Each state and city agency has had me jumping through the hoops, multiple times and I have been run around the maze like the proverbial mouse chasing the cheese but, I have run that maze and dodged the hoops of fire and completed the task of becoming licensed.
Now I need to worry about the most important part of the business, gaining capital. Each time I've started leasing company. I've always found capital easy to access.
This certainly isn't true today.
Maybe it's my lack of patience and my desire to get things moving at lightning speed but it seems like the capital market moves very slow and that banks are being very cautious.
I don't understand this because the same banks that are not interested in assisting me start up a company, are the same banks that are issuing credit approvals to independent owner operators with credit scores in the 500s at rates below the competitive market.
This makes no sense.
In my model, not only will they have the end user on the hook, but they will have me and my willingness to accept the loss.
Can anybody out there in blog land help me understand exactly what our financial institutions are thinking?
Anyway, I had “the talk” with my young children this weekend informing them that we will need to severely cut back on our expenses. I informed him that this is a great opportunity to determine what is really important and to clearly define what is a wanton and need. I was expecting them to complain about it, but they did not. Once again my children show wisdom beyond their years and are simply happy to have me around. Trading in the movie theater experience for homemade popcorn and a Netflix movie actually turned out to be a more family centric experience. Once again, God is teaching me what is really important.
I am obviously seeking capital to assist me in growing my leasing company (Because right now I can only afford to do one deal) or I am also seeking compatible employment opportunities that would be able to draw upon my skills in underwriting, collections and servicing, or operations. If you're able to assist with either of these or know somebody you can, please contact me via e-mail. My e-mail address is:
Thank you
Now, on to try and build my website.
No comments:
Post a Comment