To say that I have had a life-changing week would be an understatement.
For the first time since the propagation of the Internet, I find myself unemployed.
I know that this will not last for long, but it is still somewhat disconcerting. I spent most of yesterday trying to determine what exactly I had done wrong. In several conversations with several of my peers, I realized that I really hadn't done anything wrong. It was a simple case of misalignment. My style and preference is more of a cautious nature. I would rather do things correctly the first time and grow a portfolio and a more cautious rate then the president my previous company. I am a firm believer that it is far better to understand the risk of a situation in order to manage it then to dive in headfirst.
The good thing that has come from this, is that I realized what was truly important to me.
I've realized that I had been sacrificing my family and overburdening my spouse for the past 10 years. For me, work was everything. It was my sense of fulfillment, my source of pride and fostered my sense of self-importance. Yesterday was the first day in over a year that I've been able to pick my children up from school and as stressful as the day was, their smiles and hugs made the stress melt away.
It was in that moment that I had realized that I had been giving the most to those who matter least.
Don't get me wrong, I still love the transportation industry and I still love leasing but I have come to the realization just how far I was out of balance. This has been the best opportunity for me to put my life back in the balance and I suggest that each and every one of us take a moment to examine our priorities.
I am still seeking either employment opportunities or short-term consultation opportunities and I am even toying with the idea of starting another leasing company. I do this because I must. Finance and leasing trucks is in my blood and it is very important to me; just not important as my family.
For the first time since 2009, I had a solid night's sleep and I figure that this is God's way of letting me know that I am on track.
If you know of any employment opportunities that might match my abilities or if you are in the need of a consultant, feel free to contact me via LinkedIn or through e-mail at Jomusician@Gmail.com
No comments:
Post a Comment